The last couple of weeks I’ve been sharing with you some unfinished projects I’ve inherited from my mother-in-law’s friend who passed away. Here is the last of the stash.
I’m counting this as one UFO even though I think there are two separate projects here, since two are set on point and the others are squared. 5 of the six are made with batiks though so I think, with some creativity, I might be able to make these into one quilt top. I may take one or two out and make pillows with them if they end up not working, though. All of the applique on these blocks is finished and there are instructions for more blocks, but I think I’d rather do some patchwork blocks to finish out the quilt top.
Speaking of patchwork, I got all of this fabric along with the other UFOs and yardage:
These are mostly batiks and mostly eighth- to quarter-yard pieces. I did a rough measurement (by sight only) and I estimated there’s almost 13 yards of fabric here. I’d love to use these to finish out a quilt top with the batik flower applique blocks.
Used this Week: 0 yards
Used year to Date: 24 7/12 yards
Added this Week: 12 3/4 yards
Added Year to Date: 75 yards (I rounded down so I wouldn’t have weird decimals)
Net for 2018: -51 7/12 yards de-stashed
This project adds another project to my list.
- Quilt for C: This is the Connect Four quilt. Follow my progress on my instagram. I’ve started to sew the rows together, so a finished quilt top is in my near future.
- Pillow case for ME from Zelda fabric.
- Mike’s T-shirt quilt. I may make another t-shirt quilt first so I can practice on shirts that have less sentimental value to me before I risk making a mistake on these shirts.
- The Lattice quilt tutorial when I pre-ordered the ombre confetti jelly roll from V and Co.
- Singing the Blues by Moda Bake Shop
- Applique UFO
- Christmas UFO
- Batik Flower Applique UFO
With that, I’ve shared all the fabric bits I received from my mother-in-law’s friend. I also received a TON of rulers and patterns. I’m giving most of those away since I have a lot rulers already and the patterns aren’t really my style.