So as I pointed out on the floorplan, the dining room and the living room are actually one big room. We have done pretty much nothing in this room since we moved in. Evidence:
The lovely mirrors (no sarcasm there, I actually love them) were left behind by the previous tenants. Thanks!
So I’ve whipped up a mood board for what I would like to do to the dining room area of this room. This will all likely not happen for a long while; this room is pretty low on our list of priorities and I actually like having it kind of empty for big parties and such. Anyway, on to the mood board!
1. I’ve been obsessed with this dining room set from Plummers since we saw it in store a couple of months ago. All of the pieces (table, 8 chairs, sideboard, cabinet) will cost over $7k so that’s on our dream list for now, haha. Maybe someday!
2. The current brown color in the room won’t work with that dining room furniture, so we’ll need to paint. Maybe the same grey as the kitchen/family room?
3. Of course, that ugly cream carpet will have to go and be replaced by a dark wood.
4. I’m loving this rug from Overstock.com.
5. We actually already bought and installed this light fixture from Costco! It takes the place of that ugly brass chandelier in the picture.
6. How awesome are these curtains from Ikea? They really tie into the high glossy luxury vibe.
I know there isn’t much color outside of grey in this mood board… what can I say, I love that color! Maybe once I get some inspiration for the living room area of this room I will think of some ways I can tie color into the dining room portion of the room.