Indigo Triangles top is finished!
When I first saw this quilt, I really admired the colors and the pattern seemed simple enough. Upon further inspection, all the matching points started to make me nervous. I’ve never been really good at matching points or seams, if I’m being honest. But I decided I wanted to try and push my boundaries, push my limits, and I’m glad I did. It forced me to be a little more careful and deliberate with my worth rather than the loosey-goosey, fly by the seat of my pants approach I’ve used until now.
When I initially cut all the triangles, I had these which I shared on instagram…
When I put the triangles on my design wall, it was a disaster.
It was much, much too busy. I decided that the problem was the prints, so I dove back into my stash and got some more blues that were closer to solids. The result was much better, in my opinion. My quilt ended up being less indigo than my inspiration picture but I worked with what I had and I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out. I was very happy to use up some of the blues in my stash. I used up the rest of the whites I had bought for this project to make the border, plus a little from my stash.
Next I’m going to piece together a backing with the leftover triangles and an orphan block from a previous quilt. It will be pretty scrappy looking too. Hopefully not too crazy!
I’m linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it Up Friday.