This week I got an amazing gift from my mother-in-law. A friend of hers from church passed away and she passed on some of her friend’s unfinished quilty UFOs and fabric on to me. I’m so happy to have them and I hope I can put them to good use. I’m still going through the haul so I will probably feature the finds over the next few weeks of stashes.
The first project is this beautiful pink and tan applique project. Quite a few of the fabrics remind me of the fabrics I used in my Leaves and Berries Quilt from a few years ago. I searched my stash and unfortunately don’t have any more of those fabrics left, but the UFO came with some coordinating fabrics that should work. Most of the applique is finished except for some hearts on one of the smaller blocks. My plan is to use one of the pink coordinating fabrics to border the panel in the center, then create one or two borders with the remaining fabrics. I’d like to do sashing in between the other blocks but I don’t have enough of the pink coordinating fabric and I don’t think the others would look right.
Speaking of the coordinating fabrics, here they are:
There are 2 yards of the white with pink print, 1.25 yards of the pink and 5 yards of the tan with pink print. Should be plenty to finish this one.
Used this Week: 0 yards
Used year to Date: 24 7/12 yards
Added this Week: 8 1/4 yards
Added Year to Date: 62 1/3 yards
Net for 2018: -37 3/4 yards de-stashed
This project adds another project to my list.
- Quilt for C: This is the Connect Four quilt. Follow my progress on my instagram. I’ve started to sew the rows together, so a finished quilt top is in my near future.
- Pillow case for ME from Zelda fabric.
- Mike’s T-shirt quilt. I may make another t-shirt quilt first so I can practice on shirts that have less sentimental value to me before I risk making a mistake on these shirts.
- The Lattice quilt tutorial when I pre-ordered the ombre confetti jelly roll from V and Co.
- Singing the Blues by Moda Bake Shop
- Applique UFO
Stay tuned to see more of the UFOs I received from this talented quilter.