When I first saw this quilt, I really admired the colors and the pattern seemed simple enough. Upon further inspection, all the matching points started to make me nervous. I’ve never been really good at matching points or seams, if I’m being honest. But I decided I wanted to try and push my boundaries, push my limits, and I’m glad I did. It forced me to be a little more careful and deliberate with my worth rather than the loosey-goosey, fly by the seat of my pants approach I’ve used until now.
When I initially cut all the triangles, I had these which I shared on instagram…
When I put the triangles on my design wall, it was a disaster.
I decided that there were too many printed blue fabrics, so I dove back into my stash and got some more that were closer to solids. The result was much better, in my opinion. The result is less indigo than my inspiration picture but I worked with what I had and I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out.
The quilt finished 41″x43″.
I did straight line quilting along the triangles and I’m really happy with how it turned out. It looks really sharp.
I used a bunch of the left over scraps from the front and some of the rejected triangles on the backing. I even used some leftover triangles from Blue Diamonds. It looks really scrappy and maybe a little crazy, but I was happy to use up the scraps.
Check out that pretty blue polka dot binding! Over all I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. On to the next!
I’m linking up with http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/