Butterfly Blossoms is finished!
And here’s the back. I had one block left somehow, so I used it and some fabric for the back.
This was made using a tutorial from The Missouri Star Quilt Company. The front uses fabric from the Good Fortune by Kate Spain for Moda fabric line from a couple years back. Aren’t the fabrics gorgeous?
The back uses left overs as well as some Lavender In Dreams yardage from Dreamscape by Rae Ritchie for Dear Stella fabrics. Here is a close up of it.
The quilt finishes at 51″x65.” I did an all over free motion stipple for the quilting with white and purple threads. I was using a hand me down purple thread which gave me all kinds of trouble with thread tension, so the quilting isn’t as perfect as I would like. I also didn’t do a real excellent job with basting so there’s a couple areas that puff up a little, but no puckering or folds. Here’s some pictures of my favorite blocks:
I love binding close-ups, even though in this case the binding is the same as the border fabric:
This quilt is a gift for my cousin who is expecting a baby girl. Here’s hoping mama and baby love it!