I saw this quilt in the Nov/Dec 2011 issue of Fons & Porter’s For the Love of Quilting and it immediately reminded me of the living room at my aunt and uncle’s house, so I decided to go ahead and make it for them. I couldn’t find one fabric collection that met my needs, so I mixed and matched a couple of different designers. They ended up going together pretty well. (There was a second green fabric I can’t find a picture of online)
The quilt finished at just about 63″x63″. By far the most challenging aspect of this quilt was all of the applique required. There were 52 berries and 52 leaves to cut and affix to the front of the quilt. I ended up using the leftover fabric for the backing (of which there was a lot, even though I ordered according to the fabric guidelines).
As for the quilting, I used a template for the centers of the starburst looking blocks and stitched in the ditch/FMQ most of the rest of it. There were a few mistakes on the quilt, to be expected since this is the most ambitious one I’ve ever attempted, but I am mostly happy with how it turned out.
My aunt and uncle were very happy to receive it. Thanks for reading!