Another new finish!
Well, my Chasing Chevrons quilt is finished! It ended up a LOT bigger than I thought it was going to be! I used the measurements for the Twin size, but as you can see… it fits nicely on my queen size bed, the finished size is 90″ x 74″.
I used Kona Coal fabric for the background and part of the binding, and these Michael Miller fabrics I won from Stitched in Color and Marmalade Fabrics this past October. I used five of the six fabrics for the chevrons, and used the black circles on the grey background for the binding. It didn’t contrast enough with the grey to be used as a chevron, but I think it looks great as the binding!
I quilted in a grid pattern… I figured my FMQ aren’t advanced enough to handle a quilt of this size just yet!
The backing COMPLETELY does not match the front, but I’m OK with that. I wanted to use this flannel fabric (more on it here) on a quilt for myself and figured now was as good a time as any. I had to fill in with some white flannel at the bottom. Machine bound, I’m so happy I did! It would have taken even longer if I didn’t!
I’m looking forward to cuddling with this guy. 🙂 Happy quilting!